OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 pm 
Rock Crawler

Well it does not appear that there is a whole lot of interest so I guess the few that are planning to do this need to set the date in the time for sure if I end up being able to attend I would prefer Saturday the 6th.

I'm not sure if jeepdaddy will be attending or not.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:55 pm 
Rock Crawler

We never had anyone step up 100% and lead this one... .... So it's a little rough...... If I can make it I'm gonna shoot for saturday 10am.

If no one's (ORO) there I'm sure I'll find a group.... It is a public ride and I'm sure there will be some locals there at the minimum.

- - - sent from the highest hill on Heineyfarm.com - - -

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:13 am 
Rock Crawler

I think it is safe to say that I will not be making this trip I just spent 3 hours in the garage with the Kia new plugs and wires and three new coils when you start it up it instantly throws a number 2 misfire driving down the road 3, 4, and 6 also throw misfire codes and it just pours the blue smoke where it isn't burning the fuel so I believe that either the injectors are sticking open and dumping fuel down the cylinders or the computer is not timing the firing correctly.

At this point I'm pretty much just throwing money at it hoping I figured it out I'm going to start with a junkyard computer because they're $25 and if that doesn't fix it then I have to take the upper intake off which of these 4 or 5 hour job in itself just to get to the injectors

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:50 am 
Supporting Member

With all the water you took on I wouldn't be surprised if it trashed an injector.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:28 am 
Rock Crawler

I pushed alot of water through the fuel lines, I'm sure some of the really fine grains of dirt also made it through. I may let it sit at idle all day Sunday and see of it will clean itself out. Injectors look like a pita to change.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:49 am 
Supporting Member

Id bet the computer is alot of ur problem and id swap that before i let it idle all day, does it have a schrader valve on fuel rail? If so the make products that attach to it and clean ur injectors alot better than additives, if its dumping that much fuel and its not burning it i would not let it idle all day, My computer went out on my expedition in columbus and only 4 coil packs were working and i drove it to lancaster and parked it cause it was running very bad, long story short, all that raw fuel plugged my converter up, so id be cautious about letting it idle all day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:37 pm 
Rock Crawler

You can't even see the fuel rail or the injectors because of the giant upper intake that's on there intake has to come off to get to any of that.

I won't be able to make it to a junk yard until next Saturday and if the computer doesn't fix it then I'm going to have to tear the intake off to get to the injectors.

About the only chance of me making this trip is if the computer fixes the problem and then I'm still not sure I want to take it straight out for another day of four wheeling

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 pm 
Rock Crawler

I agree with the computer....and also the possibility of the injectors.... I think you have a good plan with starting with the ECU. If you haven't tried like sea foam or something I'd definitely go that route also....but I'm sure you have...

I understand your main concern/reservation is NOT knowing exactly what it is causing your problem, and that sucks....But you still have plenty of time. What else you got to work on? A mower?

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:46 pm 
Supporting Member

Hes got a pedi van and a trailer so even it runs decent u will be ok, bg products makes a reall good product for injectors and get on cheap bay and order a computer and u will have it in a few days, get that moldy money out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:35 pm 
Rock Crawler

I don't have a trailer anymore.
And I'm not.going to take a vehicle that isn't running like it should be I did that once with a Chevette and I ended up almost on my roof because it died at the wrong time.

If I'm driving three plus hours I want to ensure I'm going to enjoy the experience and not be less fighting with a non running vehicle the entire day.

It isn't about money it is about time I leave for work at 6 o'clock in the morning Monday through Friday I don't normally get home until after 6 in the evening 3 out of those 5 days I have to pick the baby up from the babysitter and its just me and the baby until almost 11 at night not much work in the garage can get done on the other two nights we usually have to go to the grocery or go run errands or things of that nature which leaves me only the weekend every other weekend Rachel works 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and again I have the baby on the other weekend that she's off I have my 11 year old. So it really boils down to I have usually one weekend the every other week that I can spend the entire day in the garage I don't only have to keep in there right now I also have a blazer that supposed to be getting a transmission I have maintenance that I need to catch up on on both the van and dehydrate and then I do also have the two mowers that are in there, air I have another car that I just bought the drive back and forth to work so that answers it that's going to need a few things real soon.

Tomorrow I have to work 6 hours so by the time I get home pick the baby up from the babysitter and take care of the baby I won't be able to get in there

Even if I get a computer from an online source it's not going to be here until mid week at that I'm still not going to have time until next Saturday to touch it.

And then if it doesn't fix the misfires I still have other things that need to be buttoned up on it,

Literally do not have the time to do anything.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next