OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 am 
Offline
Rock Crawler

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 am
Posts: 487
Throw that rear steer in the trash. I often think the top rock bouncers would be better without it.

I was talking to the guy later on. Nice guy. Turns out he has broken those axles twice now with that stock ls1 motor. So he is paranoid about breaking it.

I was the one in the black cherokee that looked like I should not have been attempting Excalibur. LOL

Was too timid. But if I get the chance again I am making it up that thing!

_________________
Dana 30. LB/LB the most talked about axle in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 am 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:41 pm
Posts: 1961
I was the guy spotting you on Excalibur and you were doing pretty awesome especially for a stock cherokee. I think you could have made it and I was giving you about an 80% chance..... that you were gonna break, but I was really holding onto that 20% that you were gonna make it because you were getting really close if we could have just got it to steer in the right line. Honestly I was surprised it made it up that first rock and all the way to ledge without breaking and I think everyone else was too. The problem with the ledge was you were gonna have to cut it hard and punch it and hit everything just right and 30's hate when ya cut the wheel that hard then mash it right into a rock like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am 
Offline
Rock Crawler
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:41 pm
Posts: 10549
Images: 7723
Location: Lancaster
So holycaveman fits right in with our driving style?

_________________
-Donnie-


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm 
Offline
Rock Crawler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:33 pm
Posts: 2177
Images: 315
Location: Rville
Keep them coming guys....thanks for the vids and shares.


That white buggy was sweet looking. Pretty crazy. He was definitely driving it timidly.... but hey its his vehicle and not everyone drives like Donnie "showtime" chambers. ;P Not gonna lie I would have liked to see it "bounced", but at least he made it to the event.


Still gathering some pics that I will share once sorted. Here is a compilation of the videos on the barbie race:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdLwD2uGmps[/media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdLwD2uGmps

_________________
Image HeineyFarm.com

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:00 am
Posts: 320
Location: Orient
I had a great time and it was nice getting to see everyone again. Sucks cause the only event I got to see was the sxs race. It was awesome to watch but I really wanted to check out the power wheel races too.

Thanks Heiney Farm for hosting another great event.

_________________
RDYJPRS


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 pm 
Offline
Rock Crawler

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 am
Posts: 487
onepieceatatime wrote:
I was the guy spotting you on Excalibur and you were doing pretty awesome especially for a stock cherokee. I think you could have made it and I was giving you about an 80% chance..... that you were gonna break, but I was really holding onto that 20% that you were gonna make it because you were getting really close if we could have just got it to steer in the right line. Honestly I was surprised it made it up that first rock and all the way to ledge without breaking and I think everyone else was too. The problem with the ledge was you were gonna have to cut it hard and punch it and hit everything just right and 30's hate when ya cut the wheel that hard then mash it right into a rock like that.


I couldn't have made it to the ledge without a good spotter. Thanks.

A couple times I tried to bump it up the ledge I felt the front tow points hit on the ledge. Only have 2.5" of lift. So that's why I did not get a bigger bump.

That is getting fixed though. Going to shorten the front end and improve my approach angles.

Next time I won't have to worry about my front axle durability either.

Thanks to everyone involved putting this event on! Had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

I finally made it up that strait up steep climb on the other side of the creek across from the trailer parking. That was cool!

_________________
Dana 30. LB/LB the most talked about axle in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
Web Wheeler
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 pm
Posts: 6
I saw you attempting to get up that steep hill climb as I drove past in the creek, looked like a good time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 am
Posts: 2848
Location: corning,ohio
Yuo talking about the hill next to entrance to valve stem ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 pm 
Offline
Rock Crawler

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:32 am
Posts: 487
I think so. It's pretty tall and there is a huge v notch at the top you have to straddle.

It's almost straight with a slight turn to the left towards the top. Then up the trail there is a huge tree that fell and you have to go around.

_________________
Dana 30. LB/LB the most talked about axle in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 pm 
Offline
Rock Crawler
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:33 pm
Posts: 2177
Images: 315
Location: Rville
That's vendetta.... Cool little trail. In the past I've seen an 8.8 axle bust trying to bounce up that.

- - - sent from the highest hill on Heineyfarm.com - - -

_________________
Image HeineyFarm.com

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm


Top
 Profile Personal album  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group