OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:46 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:14 am 
Rock Crawler

Throw that rear steer in the trash. I often think the top rock bouncers would be better without it.

I was talking to the guy later on. Nice guy. Turns out he has broken those axles twice now with that stock ls1 motor. So he is paranoid about breaking it.

I was the one in the black cherokee that looked like I should not have been attempting Excalibur. LOL

Was too timid. But if I get the chance again I am making it up that thing!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:23 am 
Supporting Member

I was the guy spotting you on Excalibur and you were doing pretty awesome especially for a stock cherokee. I think you could have made it and I was giving you about an 80% chance..... that you were gonna break, but I was really holding onto that 20% that you were gonna make it because you were getting really close if we could have just got it to steer in the right line. Honestly I was surprised it made it up that first rock and all the way to ledge without breaking and I think everyone else was too. The problem with the ledge was you were gonna have to cut it hard and punch it and hit everything just right and 30's hate when ya cut the wheel that hard then mash it right into a rock like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:43 am 
Rock Crawler

So holycaveman fits right in with our driving style?

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:57 pm 
Rock Crawler

Keep them coming guys....thanks for the vids and shares.

That white buggy was sweet looking. Pretty crazy. He was definitely driving it timidly.... but hey its his vehicle and not everyone drives like Donnie "showtime" chambers. ;P Not gonna lie I would have liked to see it "bounced", but at least he made it to the event.

Still gathering some pics that I will share once sorted. Here is a compilation of the videos on the barbie race:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdLwD2uGmps[/media]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdLwD2uGmps

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:12 pm 
Supporting Member

I had a great time and it was nice getting to see everyone again. Sucks cause the only event I got to see was the sxs race. It was awesome to watch but I really wanted to check out the power wheel races too.

Thanks Heiney Farm for hosting another great event.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:12 pm 
Rock Crawler

onepieceatatime wrote:
I was the guy spotting you on Excalibur and you were doing pretty awesome especially for a stock cherokee. I think you could have made it and I was giving you about an 80% chance..... that you were gonna break, but I was really holding onto that 20% that you were gonna make it because you were getting really close if we could have just got it to steer in the right line. Honestly I was surprised it made it up that first rock and all the way to ledge without breaking and I think everyone else was too. The problem with the ledge was you were gonna have to cut it hard and punch it and hit everything just right and 30's hate when ya cut the wheel that hard then mash it right into a rock like that.

I couldn't have made it to the ledge without a good spotter. Thanks.

A couple times I tried to bump it up the ledge I felt the front tow points hit on the ledge. Only have 2.5" of lift. So that's why I did not get a bigger bump.

That is getting fixed though. Going to shorten the front end and improve my approach angles.

Next time I won't have to worry about my front axle durability either.

Thanks to everyone involved putting this event on! Had a great time. Looking forward to the next one.

I finally made it up that strait up steep climb on the other side of the creek across from the trailer parking. That was cool!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm 
Web Wheeler

I saw you attempting to get up that steep hill climb as I drove past in the creek, looked like a good time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm 
Supporting Member

Yuo talking about the hill next to entrance to valve stem ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 pm 
Rock Crawler

I think so. It's pretty tall and there is a huge v notch at the top you have to straddle.

It's almost straight with a slight turn to the left towards the top. Then up the trail there is a huge tree that fell and you have to go around.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14 pm 
Rock Crawler

That's vendetta.... Cool little trail. In the past I've seen an 8.8 axle bust trying to bounce up that.

- - - sent from the highest hill on Heineyfarm.com - - -

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next