OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:31 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: MetalCloak vs. TeraFlex
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:52 pm 
Web Wheeler

So I am looking into getting a lift next June for my JKU. Want to do around 3-3.5" but not have to do any welding/cutting. She is also a daily driver, I do a lot of 2hr+ trips. I have been looking at the TeraFlex Sport 3" S/T3 lift with the adjustable Fox Racing shocks as one option. I was also told to look into MetalCloak and have been looking at the 3.5" Game-Changer Suspension lift with Fox Racing Shocks. Does anyone have any experience with either of these two lifts? What are your opinions? Other possible recommendations? Not trying to spend more than $3k on a lift, but want something quality that will last.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:35 am 
Rock Crawler

i see your from the burg also. i have no experiance with either lifts you mentioned but i have installed a mopar accessories 3.5 inch lift on a jk and there was no welding. nice kit. came with fox shocks, new coils, new front drive shaft and t case out put to get rid of the cv drive shaft design and have a double cardigan. i work at village and its what we sell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:32 pm 
Rock Crawler

I dont have a huge experience with JKs but I'd lean toward Metal Cloak, or Rock Krawler. Whichever way you go, go for a progressive rate spring (not sure if they all are these days).

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:06 pm 
Supporting Member

I'm in the same boat. Wanting a good quality lift on a budget.

I've settled on either Rockrawler or Metalcloak. I personally like the design of the Metalcloak control arms better than other systems. Their arms have a small twist that centers the bushing square in the axle mounting point. The other systems that I've looked at, don't have this and that puts that mounting point in a potential bind at rest position. I also like that the Metalcloak spring is a dual rate as opposed to progressive rate. I'm concerned that a progressive rate will sag when you add winches, bumpers and load it down for camping.

I've been eying their Gold Standard system that they advertise at $1800 but you can purchase for a 1oz gold coin or bar. Doing some research, I've found that you can buy an ounce of gold for about $1350.

That being said, you can always piece your own system together using the parts you like from different sources. Total cost going this route will probably be a little more expensive but not excessively so.

This is just my opinion and I don't have experience with either system.

Daaaaaaaaamn cad program for sliders. #jklife Lol

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:41 pm 
Web Wheeler

WoodenOne wrote:
I'm in the same boat. Wanting a good quality lift on a budget.

I've settled on either Rockrawler or Metalcloak. I personally like the design of the Metalcloak control arms better than other systems. Their arms have a small twist that centers the bushing square in the axle mounting point. The other systems that I've looked at, don't have this and that puts that mounting point in a potential bind at rest position. I also like that the Metalcloak spring is a dual rate as opposed to progressive rate. I'm concerned that a progressive rate will sag when you add winches, bumpers and load it down for camping.

I've been eying their Gold Standard system that they advertise at $1800 but you can purchase for a 1oz gold coin or bar. Doing some research, I've found that you can buy an ounce of gold for about $1350.

That being said, you can always piece your own system together using the parts you like from different sources. Total cost going this route will probably be a little more expensive but not excessively so.

This is just my opinion and I don't have experience with either system.

I am leaning a lot more towards MetalCloak, but may run the new Falcon 3.3 shocks from TeraFlex, they're looking awesome and have a good bit of adjustability.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:42 pm 
Web Wheeler

sas10 wrote:
i see your from the burg also. i have no experiance with either lifts you mentioned but i have installed a mopar accessories 3.5 inch lift on a jk and there was no welding. nice kit. came with fox shocks, new coils, new front drive shaft and t case out put to get rid of the cv drive shaft design and have a double cardigan. i work at village and its what we sell.

Actually bought my Jeep through Village back in June.