OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Forum update
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:18 pm 
Rock Crawler

I am going to be attempting to update the form software and fix a few glitches that I have seen here within the next few days. If you try to visit and the flight is gone or throwing error don't sweat it. I'm bound to screw something up and it will probably take me a day or so to fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Forum update
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:30 pm 
Supporting Member

U musta been toying with it last night, I thought Zach crashed the site with his big announcement lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:41 pm 
Rock Crawler

you got it. I didnt even touch the forum files, just uploaded a new directory and it took it down. Had to trace the file that cuased it and edit it.

im pretty computer stupid really so anything changes are a major PITA, and I figure it out as I go.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:07 am 
Rock Crawler

So my first attempt was a total flop. Had to completely reset the site, so styles, add-ons, etc are all gone.

Reinstalled tapatalk for now. Will work on update more late, until then feel free to continue to post

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:21 am 
Rock Crawler

Spam blockers are down so we may fight excessive spam until I get the upgrade done

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:57 pm 
Rock Crawler

So did it work or you still tweaking it??

Hate to be that guy, but I notice the banner is jacked, photos dont resize to browsing window size, and no thank button.... Not that it matters, I unfortunately dont have time to invest into it....at least not currently. Always just wander why you update, and what you get. I'm guessing you were having some back end problems.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:39 pm 
Rock Crawler

Those things are all mods that I lost while trying to update to the latest version. I had to revert back two the version we were using because I ran into some complications that I was not able to figure out on my own and I have not installed those mods, due mostly to the fact that I intend to complete the update. I am working on it on a mirror site right now. But I'm not really getting anywhere.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:49 pm 
Rock Crawler

Roger that. No biggie to me really..... Always wander if a simpler forum format is better, but I did like some of those features.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:01 pm 
Rock Crawler

Simpler is why I was trying to do the update. Once I get it figured out on the back side of things PHP BB 3.2 is a lot simpler to manage and modify. But due to all of the modifications that I have installed currently when I delete one it affects another which then makes it impossible for me to get into the control panel to finish removing them. And the form has to be back to an unmodified state to do the auto update. So that's where I stand right now I either have to figure out how to manually update the forms or how to manually remove the modifications.

Or I can toss a hundred dollars to the software developers and they will do it for me which I am highly contemplating. They will make the change for me and stick with it until all bugs if any are worked out and to me that seems like a fairly good deal as I already have about 8 hours invested and try to do it myself.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:25 pm 
Supporting Member

offroadohio wrote:
Simpler is why I was trying to do the update. Once I get it figured out on the back side of things PHP BB 3.2 is a lot simpler to manage and modify. But due to all of the modifications that I have installed currently when I delete one it affects another which then makes it impossible for me to get into the control panel to finish removing them. And the form has to be back to an unmodified state to do the auto update. So that's where I stand right now I either have to figure out how to manually update the forms or how to manually remove the modifications.

Or I can toss a hundred dollars to the software developers and they will do it for me which I am highly contemplating. They will make the change for me and stick with it until all bugs if any are worked out and to me that seems like a fairly good deal as I already have about 8 hours invested and try to do it myself.

sounds like maybe another donation to keep oro up and running is due? We all know ur no technocon. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk