OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 pm 
Supporting Member

onepieceatatime wrote:
donaldcon wrote:
From what i heard yes.

Also have heard that it ots still being treated as a road, tagged and legal and no ones getting hassled.

Dont know much else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Wasn't it dozed and stuff so it would be a lot easier to get through than it used to be?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Well that defeats the purpose if it's a groomed Rd. The road thru was never bad.

Buggy and Rzr

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:59 am 
Rock Crawler

It was dozed a couple years bwck. They bypassed the really nasty mud part. But they only dozed to the creek.

It was getting kinda tough again last time i was down there.

But its a dead end now no matter what so it is a bit pointless

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:13 pm 
Rock Crawler

Running the Beard Cemetery and Quarry loop used to be pretty fun even on 40" tires and dual lockers until they started dozing everything. From my understanding the last 1/3 or so of Quarry they closed several years ago wasn't technically a road, so even if they did reverse the vacate on the front section you still lost a lot of the fun stuff towards the back of the trail.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:12 pm 
Rock Crawler

Here is what I have heard about the situation.

- A couple guys ran Beard and Quarry last Saturday. Said there was a 2' high dirt berm at the start of Beard (top of hill by Cemetery) but had obviously been run over a bunch and was worn down. There were no signs, berms, or anything else at the start of the actual Quarry trail (veers off to the right of the gravel road). They went to the creek, which was pretty high, so they turned around. This post came directly from one of the guys that ran the trails and is highly involved with land use and knows the area very well.

- Rumor was that the Quarry area was to become some sort of APV/ATV area when this first started. Supposedly ODNR came back with a plan for the land that stated NO motorized vehicles of any kind were going to be allowed. Based on that the commissioners starting talking about un-vacating the road. Keep in mind this all comes 2nd or 3rd hand so take it for what it is worth. Not sure what the laws are but would guess it might be hard to overturn a road vacate (of course maybe it hasn't become official yet?).........also, not sure why the commissioners would be surprised or against a "no motorized vehicles" designation after they decided to vacate the road to begin with????

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:49 pm 
Supporting Member

Well that’s good news, wonder we should somehow show support of the reopening of the road? Petition or maybe a big group meet in MacArthur at one of the restrants? Invite commissioners and thank them for the support of local off-roaders? I don’t know I just feel like something should be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6