OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:16 pm 
Rock Crawler

I agree its dumb to get political but unfortunately public land will always become political at some stage..... The general idea of that group was good though. Local people keeping it up. They have the potential to build relationships. Also as far as trails, that is a tricky one. I'm curious who this "auditor" is. That is who you need to become friends with. I'm sure the bureaucracy is still crazy though.

I wouldnt give up on Ohio. It just isn't going to happen as soon as you like.... more people need to step up and get it moving in the right direction, but that's no easy or quick task.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:50 pm 
Supporting Member

As soon as my wife's retires we are outta this state. WV, Tenn or southern Colorado. I hate living in Ohio. Flat land to the west and North of me, first foot hill to the appalacian mt to my east and south. I want to be able to wheel outta my yard all day long and never be on the same trail twice.
Attachment:
IMG_20170327_164601455.jpg
IMG_20170327_164601455.jpg [ 5.36 MiB | Viewed 731 times ]

Ohio has no big parcels of land. It's all been divided and sold.

Buggy and Rzr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:05 pm 
Rock Crawler

The Auditors that are mentioned to my understanding we're supposed to be riders a pointed by odnr

But only time other the this that I've heard of them was when I was an omta member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:19 pm 
Supporting Member

All the apv trails I have ridden in Ohio owned by the government, with the exception of Perry, has sucked. Looked like the were all groomed so the snowflakes can hike on them and look at the beautiful trees, birds and butterflies.

I'll quote Zach here from one of our WV adventures. " Wow, this place would be a state park in Ohio! Here they use it to dump their trash" :shock:

Buggy and Rzr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:48 pm 
Rock Crawler

my toys wrote:
All the apv trails I have ridden in Ohio owned by the government, with the exception of Perry, has sucked.

Much truth in this statement.

If the state really does eliminate the whip limit as they have agreed to do it might go a little better than the other ones other than Perry but I don't see Vinton County noticing a lot of extra revenue from the place.

Let's face it people do not travel from out of state to ride ten or fifteen Miles worth of groomed trail.

With McCoy in West Virginia and spearhead in Virginia there is no reason for anybody on the East Coast to come into Ohio and ride atv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:07 pm 
Rock Crawler

I agree people are not going to travel out of state to ride those types of area, and many Ohio people are going to bypass those areas to find real trails out of state. The ironic thing is Ohio will use the lack of activity at the APV parks as a reason they will not invest in other forms of off-road activity. Same philosophy they used on Beard Cemetery and Quarry Road......just level the trail out with a bulldozer and put culverts at all the creek crossings and nobody will bother traveling any distance to run the trails.