OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ohio junkyards
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:45 pm 
Rock Crawler

I've never gone to woodys, will they let you out in the yard to pull your own stuff?

And I do plan to stop by 4wheelparts.

The manager and a couple others were founding members of the first 4x4 club\forum I ever joined.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:56 pm 
Rock Crawler

Superduty junk yard :lol: That's funny shit!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:09 pm 
Supporting Member

Guess they are a full junkyard, i seen em on craigslist advertising as superduty specialty http://www.a1impact.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:12 pm 
Supporting Member

Only thing we got up here is pull a parts chuck could always take out to the east side to see the cool ones we have found but your talking atleast an hr ride from the west side to get to the yard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:36 pm 
Rock Crawler

redyota wrote:
Only thing we got up here is pull a parts chuck could always take out to the east side to see the cool ones we have found but your talking atleast an hr ride from the west side to get to the yard

I am tempted to just bring the mower and hit ats. Lol

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:39 pm 
Supporting Member

I hear that's isn't much anymore and you don't wana get caught there but there are sum mud trails in Elyria still legality is in the air though

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:41 pm 
Supporting Member

offroadohio wrote:
I've never gone to woodys, will they let you out in the yard to pull your own stuff?

And I do plan to stop by 4wheelparts.

The manager and a couple others were founding members of the first 4x4 club\forum I ever joined.

Yes you can go out in the yard at Woodys and pull your own stuff or they'll do it for you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:42 pm 
Rock Crawler

Not sure what that guy is thinking specializing in superduties..... Sounds like a bad business model and he must not need money......

When I was at OSU I visited McKinley Ave a few times..... Mainly for various car parts for the beater.....Now I try to stay more local. Here is some quick reviews of yards I've been too.

Woody's (columbus OH) Seems more old school and let you walk (at least they did). Never bought anything so never had too much experience with them. But heard from others prices are good. Generally more newer stuff with some older mixed in and focus more on cars.

Edison's (columbus oh) allowed you to walk the lot. If I remember you had to sign in and give like a $1 donation.... Edison had a concrete pad on some of the lot, which I thought was a plus for pulling on muddy days. Generally more newer stuff, and focus more on cars.

Miller's (zanesville oh). Probably one of my more primary spots for salvage yards. If your willing to walk and check the place out, they have a fair selection. If you need motor/trans then I would trust them by a phone call. They strip all (good) motors and trans now from new inventory and store them in a big barn/building. They generally try to sort the makes and types, so if you find a vehicle in the yard you generally have more next to it....but that isn't always true. The older cars are starting to thin I'd say generally 90s and up. But they have some old 80s domestic stuff (mainly ford/chevy trucks) thats been picked over.

Ron Hall's (Zanesville/philo OH). Use to visit frequent in high school. Was always super good with me, especially after I came back over and over. Toward the end he started not allowing people in the yard. And now I dont think he does. Probably trust/abuse issues. He often falls under the "nope dont got it" when I call him now. He use to say that when I was younger and I could ask if I could look, he often let me and then I came back with the parts....now I don't think he lets anyone in lot?? Not sure what he has now but I'd gamble its more Domestic.

Hopewell Auto Wrecking (Zanesville, OH). Use to frequent 5 or so years ago. They had a good batch of trackers and sidekicks. I heard they closed then reopened as an "auto wrecking." They allow you in the yard and to pull yourself. Prices always good even first visit. Seemed like it was more of 90s-ish with select newer. More domestic generally.

Marshall's (circleville, OH). Cheap prices, and there computer inventory seems good. Call before you go is perfectly fine, and no different then if you show up. You do have to wait for your parts to be pulled which can be a bit if they are busy. But it ain't bad. Inspect all parts. They seem to rush to pull and load. So they seem to take little care in handling. They broke a pulley on a motor I bought once. AWESOME price on most AXLES, if they have them.

Anyone hit up Town and Country just west of Lancaster? They seem like a good place and from the road look like a nice lot. I've called a couple times and the prices sounded inline and even offered to let me hear a motor run.....but I never really needed anything urgent that I couldn't find else where and they arent super local to me.....still I've always wanted to walk their lot.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:59 pm 
Rock Crawler

I am not a fan of town and country or lancaster auto. Not for any particular reason other than never seem.to ha e what i need and are higher priced than i wanna pay.

Never asked to go in the yards so not sure if they allow it. I'd guess lancaster doesnt though.

I deal with lancaster more than town and country becuase it's literally within walking disrance.

Lancaster seems to nearly always have the part I get pulled already, and within 5 minutes I'm walking out with it.

I've delt with deer creek a few times but not.since they moved everything to the yard on 23.

I've called seven on 23 a few times but never purchased.

Do not use busy bee in Dayton area.... it is a stover town/ daubenmire type yard and everything is trashed. Very displeased with the part I drove 2 plus hrs after

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:03 pm 
Supporting Member

Theres a old closed junkyard down by moxie id love to get into, hasnt been open in 20 years, has to be great old parts in there, i see a guy in there from time to time and i wanna stop but theres no room to park, i will catch him one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next