OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1786 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 179  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:26 pm 
Rock Crawler

So what have all you guys been working on?? Post up any projects..new or old...big or small.....offroad or not.

--One of my recent project---

I bought another tracker last fall and I finally been taking time to fix it. Basic back story; wife found it on craigslist from a car lot that bought it at an auction and tried tearing it apart. They then decided they didn't want the job. So I bought it for cheap with engine apart. I kinda think they couldn't get the crank bolt out, because it was a b!tch and in a tight spot.

I guess these 2.5L suzuki engines had a known issue with the timing tensioners, the "#1" tensioner (shown at bottom of picture below) would fail (ie lose tension) then stretch/brake the chain or just make some horrible noises from the chain slapping around usually breaking some plastic guides in the process.... You can see it even started to dig into the water pump.

I spent more time originally putting it back together, noting all missing parts and bolts then disassembling it again then the actual time I had in the main labor. When I was all and done I ended up installing a new timing chain set, waterpump, some misc gaskets/seals, and a handful of bolts and misc lost pieces..... It will be my new DD.

I got to drive it around christmas day and it runs great.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:49 pm 
Supporting Member

Big block toy hemi stuffed into a sami :mrgreen:

Buggy and Rzr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:13 am 
Supporting Member

well been in the garage working on the toyota a bit got the front inner fender cleared so i can extend the shock hoops to fit the new 12in shocks. and been laying out a 4link set up for the rear and collecting parts so it can be done by the spring. also 5.29s ad a full detroit up front are waiting to go in the axles.
and then my friends budget drag car is in the shop for some wiring clean up weight reduction and general cleanup aswell as a new clutch
we already pulled this wiring out from the throttle body motor that was gone when we brought it home.
we will be repainting this before it goes back in if i can find a good set of heads for him cheeply i will try and convince him that he had boat anchors that need to go for something better. till he has money for a set of aluminum heads for it. I think if I can find a decent set of 202 heads for him I could talk him into buying then if the price is fair so dose anyone have a set laying around that they wana sell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:29 am 
Supporting Member

I have been working on juck no pics just junk. think im gonna start jeeping

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:16 am 
Supporting Member

riegel wrote:
I have been working on juck no pics just junk. think im gonna start jeeping

Your driving a xj now, only mod needed is a rainbow bumper sticker, so you technically are a jeeper :mrgreen:

So pics of the truggy

Buggy and Rzr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:07 pm 
Supporting Member

yes I am. im done with you yoda guys :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 pm 
Rock Crawler

I aitn worked on nothing.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 pm 
Rock Crawler

put 96 blazer body on my 93 swapped 4.3 for 366 4 bolt chevy v 8 swap 4l60 e to a 93 5 speed 11 inch clutch/ plumbing radiator to rear of truck swapping plasic fuel cell for steel tank

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:52 pm 
Rock Crawler

sound slike you need a solid axle swap now too

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:14 am 
Supporting Member

getting jeep ready for the air shocks, planing out my brothers rock sliders and frame stiffeners, and today put new lock outs on the super duty, got some real lock outs and ditched the junk plastic factory ones Image

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1786 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 179  Next