OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:14 am 
BILLG wrote:
The only thing missing is the Blue light Special

:lol: to bad its all risky buisness or it would probally be fun.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:15 pm 
Rock Crawler

Sure would hate to get my Rig impounded at Wal Mart. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 pm 
Rock Crawler

I know for a fact Wal-Mart will press charges on anyone entering this land VIA wal-marts property. You have to drive in wal-marts grass to get in via wal-mart. They provide paved pakring, and once in thier grass you are tresspassing.

I cannot speak for other buisnesses.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:14 am 
offroadohio wrote:
I know for a fact Wal-Mart will press charges on anyone entering this land VIA wal-marts property. You have to drive in wal-marts grass to get in via wal-mart. They provide paved pakring, and once in thier grass you are tresspassing.

I cannot speak for other buisnesses.

the land is owned by AEP and anderson concrete and some is state by the river
not by walmart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:20 am 
Rock Crawler

what you are wheeling on isnt owned by walmart but if you enter via wal-marts parkign lot you have to drive on some property owned by walmart to get in.

If you drive off of the paved parking lot Wal-mart can have you prosecuted for tresspassing. It is legal to be on thier parking lot, not thier grass.

It is also prohibited to use any of AEP's property for motorized recreation i.e. mud running, trail blazing. (thats taken directly from AEP Ohio's website.

I am not saying I know the legality of the entire place but I do know that driving from walmarts parking lot into this area is not legal. Wal-Mart will have no issues pressing charges. Remember I used ot work for Sams/Wal-mart I knew of this area and I spoke to the store manager about it. This is what he told em directly.

I am sure Warghoul who works for AEP can add to the illegalness of driving a motorized vehicle on AEP owned land.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:24 am 
offroadohio wrote:
what you are wheeling on isnt owned by walmart but if you enter via wal-marts parkign lot you have to drive on some property owned by walmart to get in.

If you drive off of the paved parking lot Wal-mart can have you prosecuted for tresspassing. It is legal to be on thier parking lot, not thier grass.

It is also prohibited to use any of AEP's property for motorized recreation i.e. mud running, trail blazing. (thats taken directly from AEP Ohio's website.

I am not saying I know the legality of the entire place but I do know that driving from walmarts parking lot into this area is not legal. Wal-Mart will have no issues pressing charges. Remember I used ot work for Sams/Wal-mart I knew of this area and I spoke to the store manager about it. This is what he told em directly.

I am sure Warghoul who works for AEP can add to the illegalness of driving a motorized vehicle on AEP owned land.

no no no donnie that lot runs for a mile it has all kinds of stores on it so you can go in at Lowes were a real estate company owns it, if they told me not to come no more i would stop untill then i will wheel there, I had buddys who have wheeled there over ten years so i'm cool with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:34 am 
Rock Crawler

Like I said I dont know what the other buisnesses say but I know wal-marts stance, and I do know AEP's stance on ALL of there properties.

People have been wheeling alot of places for years. ATS is the same way, no one really knows. Becuase I dont know I will never ride there. Others may chose to ride as they wish.

Here is some more info.
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/sh ... hp?t=42465

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:27 pm 
Web Wheeler

Is the information in this thread still valid? I moved to Columbus about a year ago and have heard people talk about the Walmart trails but haven't gone yet... I am kind of a risk taker in regards to trails but has anyone gotten caught/fined/ticked recently?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:33 pm 
Rock Crawler

Shelly materials bought columbus limestone who owns most of the land back there and they are not as pushy about keeping people off. How ever that still doesn't make it ok. We promote legal wheeling here so you'll never see us support it. But I do know there are several "locals" who ride there all the time with no known issues lately. You can see some of the trails from 270 actually

I'd say there isn't much risk of getting in trouble currently. But there is still always a risk. If you you end up in jail post up when you get out ;)

sent on tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:22 pm 
Supporting Member

Got too much money in my rig to be paying impound fees as well.