Post subject: Walmart trip, Columbus
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:06 pm 
Here is some pics of walmart we go on most sundaysImage

next time will get some good pics of some hill climbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:56 pm 
Supporting Member

I've only been there a few times.
That hill looks like it could be interesting.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:02 pm 
srussell wrote:
I've only been there a few times.
That hill looks like it could be interesting.

yea for a local place its good, there is some ok hills , lots of mud holes, trail rides along the river

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:07 pm 
Rock Crawler

As posted on ohio4x4 and the old oro.

Quote:
The trails behind Walmart/Lowes on S.High/i-270

I was in the area on Saturday, and started driving around the south-end(Lowes) of the strip-mall, and spotted a police helicopter over me. Then I noticed a man & woman walking out of the treeline - I guess(hope) the copter was watching them, not me. I continued northward, behind Lowes, and saw a Columbus Police car with an officer in it. I asked him if the trails were legal or not - he said 'definitely illegal, and there are signs posted everywhere'. I asked if its always been illegal, and he said yes but not really enforced - until recently, when a man was walking back there and was confronted by the land owners, and was told he shouldnt be walking back there - the man said 'I can walk anywhere I f***ing well please', which convinced the land owners to start cracking-down on trespassers. The officer also said that the police, special-duty and security patrol the area regularly now. I drove further northward towards Walmart, and stopped a respectable-looking young guy that came out of the woods with his fishing-pole in hand (he was beside a utility-pole that had a 'no trespassing, hunting or fishing' sign on it). I asked what was back there, and he said fishing and lots of dirt-trails (I should have pointed-out the 'no trespass' sign). I rounded the far corner of Walmart, heading towards the front, when I spotted the mall security truck, so I asked Mr.Security about the area - he said dirtbikes are back there all day and all night, even though there are signs posted saying 'no trespassing'.

So, I think this area is a very bad idea if anyone ever gets the urge to wheel there.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:39 pm 
offroadohio wrote:

Quote:

I was in the area on Saturday, and started driving around the south-end(Lowes) of the strip-mall, and spotted a police helicopter over me. Then I noticed a man & woman walking out of the treeline - I guess(hope) the copter was watching them, not me. I continued northward, behind Lowes, and saw a Columbus Police car with an officer in it. I asked him if the trails were legal or not - he said 'definitely illegal, and there are signs posted everywhere'. I asked if its always been illegal, and he said yes but not really enforced - until recently, when a man was walking back there and was confronted by the land owners, and was told he shouldnt be walking back there - the man said 'I can walk anywhere I f***ing well please', which convinced the land owners to start cracking-down on trespassers. The officer also said that the police, special-duty and security patrol the area regularly now. I drove further northward towards Walmart, and stopped a respectable-looking young guy that came out of the woods with his fishing-pole in hand (he was beside a utility-pole that had a 'no trespassing, hunting or fishing' sign on it). I asked what was back there, and he said fishing and lots of dirt-trails (I should have pointed-out the 'no trespass' sign). I rounded the far corner of Walmart, heading towards the front, when I spotted the mall security truck, so I asked Mr.Security about the area - he said dirtbikes are back there all day and all night, even though there are signs posted saying 'no trespassing'.

So, I think this area is a very bad idea if anyone ever gets the urge to wheel there.

every once in a great while some one has said something never seen some one get a ticket, talked with cops over a dozen times back there, even pulled a safe out for them they dont give a shit, know they dont like the 4 wheelers up in the feild were they gut the grass. been there for over 5 years, it is like a ats , maybe bigger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:40 pm 
offroadohio wrote:

Quote:

PS THIS THREAD IS LIKE 2 YEARS OLD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:45 pm 
Rock Crawler

I dont wheel ATS for the same reason.
I also dont go anywhere near the RR tracks at wellsville for the same reason.

I could careless one way or the other if people go to walmart, (wheeling or shopping...lol) but being the true legalness isnt known we shouldnt give directions to new people trying to find places to wheel. We risk the possability of getting them introuble.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:47 pm 
donnie fix what you wrote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:14 pm 
Rock Crawler

The only thing missing is the Blue light Special

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:48 pm 
Rock Crawler

Looks like we know where all the toyotas have been hiding.

Profile Personal album