OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 10:32 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Wellsville Closing?
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:13 pm 
Supporting Member

I think it would actually help Ohio's wheeling community if it was dozed and built into something so people would quit going. The shit that goes on at Wellsville and Powerline are a huge black eye to our community and don't do us any favors at spreading the kind of positive light we need to get more places open.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:19 pm 
Rock Crawler

You mean like all the parks that turn a blind eye to people getting thrashed and wheeling? Becuase other than that there is nothing going on there.

Nothing worst goes on at wellsville than most large scale parks except for the fact its a dumping site for area folks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:56 pm 
Supporting Member

offroadohio wrote:
You mean like all the parks that turn a blind eye to people getting thrashed and wheeling? Becuase other than that there is nothing going on there.

Nothing worst goes on at wellsville than most large scale parks except for the fact its a dumping site for area folks.

A dumping site for stolen vehicles that they light on fire. I've also never heard you recommend that somebody carry a gun to a private park. I have heard you recommend that to anybody heading to private parks.

I think of all the private parks I've been to they do a good job at keeping drinking under control. Powerline Park doesn't seem to do that from all I've read and that's why I don't go there.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:04 pm 
Supporting Member

Wellsville does not live up to the bad hype The times I've been there I've had a great time and no troubles but like a old whore the rep will always be there but some good lovin can still be had!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:34 pm 
Rock Crawler

Ive never carried a gun or felt the need to at wellsvile or any park for that matter. I dont carry anywhere. Matter of fact i dont even own a gun.

Wellsville is bad for people dumping trash and stolen vehicles but that isnt a wellsville only issue, it happens right here on high street behind walmart aswell.

Everypark but ruasch and Southington, private, or public ive been to has overly drunk folks running around cuasi g issues. Sadly thats a huge part of our hobby.

Ive never encountered an issue at powerline either and ive been going once a year for about 10 years

There have been deaths at dang near everypark i have been too usually alcohol was present (though not nesscesarily the cuase)

Wellsville had one guy die from a stick through his helmet into his face, and one woman die from a roll over on an atv on the hill called killer.

More people die a year at bouncer events than wellsville has seen in the last 10

I understand your point but i dont think wellsville or powerline either one are any worst than most other parks. I dont trust leaving my junk in the woods anywhere, but i did leave the chevette at the bottom of powerline hill in wellsville over night once and went back the next day for it. Found it as i left it

And I don't think anything is going to help Ohio Wheeling. If we lose Wellsville or Powerline that leaves us with Southington and phionex for significant size parks. The yahoos that go to Powerline in Wellsville will then start hitting those places and our smaller parks and cost of those as well.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm 
Rock Crawler

I've been to Wellsville several times. Always had a good time and didn't have any issues. The worse was dodging the trash, burnt vehicles, and the broken beer bottles littering the sides of every obstacle......and I would be scared to death to leave a vehicle sitting back there overnight! One thing that helps at places like that is if you actually go trailriding back in the woods and get away from the main trails and open areas which tend to attract most of the yahoos.

Haspin Acres is a private park that you pay to get into and isn't a whole lot better.......there are burnt out vehicles and drunk yahoos all over the place and no way I would go there on a holiday weekend. To be honest the only reason I do go there is it's the closest off-road park to me and one of the few places that I can do a day trip without spending half the day driving to and from.

Overall it's just a shame Ohio has not embraced the off-road community and recognized the potential income. Just look at West Virginia and Kentucky in regards to off-roading and the money it brings in. If you turned Wellsville into an official off-road park with support from the local government they could do a better job enforcing the rules and probably make some money.