OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

NEW USERS, start an INTRODUCTORY thread in the NEW MEMBERS area so we know who you are.
Here are some suggestions to go by

1. Tell us where you live
2. Tell what you off-road with
3. Let us know where all you have wheeled (or ridden if on atv, bike)
4. Browse the regional forums <link> to see areas near you where some members wheel/ride.
5.To protect areas and keep abuse to a minimum, locations of "free" areas such as unmaintained township roads will not be disclosed.
6. Stay active Forum prunes inactive users Read this thread for more information

Post subject: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:03 pm 
Web Wheeler

I was introduced to the site by a member of the Ohio community who is also a member of a Facebook group I'm in. I missed the August beginner rides due to scheduling conflicts and read that the next one for the county I was referred to would be next spring. Taking his advice and reading other's posts recommending the same; I'd like to introduce myself a little and say Hello.

1) I reside just in Reynoldsburg, just inside the Franklin County line. I grew up in the mountains of North East PA.

2) I offroad with a 2004 Xterra: 1.5" SL, on 265/75/16 BFG KO2s with hardbody hubs. I have a ARB front Winch Bumper which I got on a deal and a rear hitch receiver for tow points. I'd like my next mods to be Front Lokka and a winch.

3. I've taken my stock s10 to Bundy Hill in Michigan a couple times, once out to some back roads in PA. I've taken the Xterra to Haspin Acres prior to all but the bfg tires, being I had stock trucks at the time of my trips, I didn't have a chance to try the fun trails.

My buddy in Michigan introduced me to 4x4 wheeling, and I've wanted to build a rig ever since. My wife was skeptical at first but I think she's now got the itch. After being told about the this site and the Ohio trails all I can say is: thank you for providing the forums and I look forward to meeting you all on one of the rides next spring.

-Ben

Post subject: Re: Hello everyone
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:13 pm 
Web Wheeler

welcome to the site bud i see ur from Reynoldsburg not to far from southington trails hope too see ya out there one day!

GO AROUND
OR GO THROUGH
BUT NEVER GIVE UP

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:04 pm 
Rock Crawler

Welcome to ORO!!

Winch is always a good add on for any wheeler. Why front locker? Dont want to lock rear? (or is it locked in rear?)

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:15 pm 
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the family.

The novice rides you mention are actually hosted by ohio 4x4 and as you mention the next one should be in April. I will post the information as it becomes available.

Until there keep up with the rides we have here, many are stock friendly and we visit tar Hollow fairly regularly during the winter months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:06 am 
Web Wheeler

Heiney5 wrote:
Welcome to ORO!!

Winch is always a good add on for any wheeler. Why front locker? Dont want to lock rear? (or is it locked in rear?)

Front locker that is most popular for a Xterra is $350, only rear locker available is an ARB for 1150 plus whatever air system you buy. Eventually I'll lock the rear and complete my lifts with 3 inch front and revolver shackles as well. But I need to get my s10 on the up and up or a newer truck.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:10 am 
Web Wheeler

offroadohio wrote:
Welcome to the family.

The novice rides you mention are actually hosted by ohio 4x4 and as you mention the next one should be in April. I will post the information as it becomes available.

Until there keep up with the rides we have here, many are stock friendly and we visit tar Hollow fairly regularly during the winter months

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I can't wait.

I will get to southington after I get me a spare tire, I saw that is part of their rules.

Thank you all for the kind greetings.