OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

NEW USERS, start an INTRODUCTORY thread in the NEW MEMBERS area so we know who you are.
Here are some suggestions to go by

1. Tell us where you live
2. Tell what you off-road with
3. Let us know where all you have wheeled (or ridden if on atv, bike)
4. Browse the regional forums <link> to see areas near you where some members wheel/ride.
5.To protect areas and keep abuse to a minimum, locations of "free" areas such as unmaintained township roads will not be disclosed.
6. Stay active Forum prunes inactive users Read this thread for more information

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:18 pm 
Rock Crawler

Donnie you ever think about bumping this trim setting to 1 year or longer? (Or maybe some other type setting)

I've talked to a few that said they got "pruned" and wandered why....I told them to contact you to re-instate, or just stay active....Of coarse they never logged in they just trolled so that's why it happened. No biggie really.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:42 pm 
Rock Crawler

I did change it the other day to just deactivate them so they wont lose post count if they come back. Its simple to reply to thread that say ill be there. Instead of just showing up like yesterday and itll keep them active. May cha ge it so only refistered users can see the regional forums then they have ro log in to see rides

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:43 pm 
Rock Crawler

offroadohio wrote:
I did change it the other day to just deactivate them so they wont lose post count if they come back....

Well thats good. At least its a simple "re-activation" now.

offroadohio wrote:
.....Its simple to reply to thread that say ill be there. Instead of just showing up like yesterday and itll keep them active....

I agree. Ppl are funny... They won't log in and comment but they read and know what is posted. I guess either way you get traffic so I'm not sure you want to "limit" access completely. I would hope some day they would post, but likely not. I have learned when you post a "public" event on Facebook the audience it covers is SO MUCH MORE and its hard to predict exact numbers. With facebook if someone shares it or tags it, the views can go thru the roofs in a matter of minutes.... You can somewhat remedy this with "rsvp/invitation" only. That will deter a bunch of people.

offroadohio wrote:
...May cha ge it so only refistered users can see the regional forums then they have ro log in to see rides

This could be one solution and I think it would be a good idea to have a section that is only viewable when you log in...maybe a specific ride section or something.... but then people might not ever log-in to see it. For example "supporting members" are never active in the one little section specific to them...Personnaly I would say that the Heineyfarm events I would keep it open and public at least for the "public" rides.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:17 am 
Rock Crawler

I changed the first post of this thread to read:

Forum will automatically delete any user that registers and has ZERO post count after 30 days. It will also inactivate any user that has not posted within one year, or logged in within 6 months.

After you have been deactivated you will be deleted if you have not reactivated within 30 days.

An e-mail will be sent out 1 week before deactivation occurs so you can get here and make a post.

Staying active is as simple as saying WELCOME in a new user thread, or commenting on an off-topic thread. You do not need to "contribute" to the website to be an active user.

We do this so that we can keep an active account of use of this site. Having 1500 registered users but only 3 that post doesn't give accurate numbers.

Thank you

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:32 pm 
Web Wheeler

Justed logged in. I wheel everthing and been everwhere. Not really just looking for places that are not acroos the country to wheel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:05 pm 
Rock Crawler

Sorry about the prolonged approval. Had a spell where we had alot of spam and your account got lost in the spam. Glad to have you

sent on tapatalk

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:46 am 
Web Wheeler

I have some 4 wheeling experience mostly at the old jeepskool park. I have recently decided to get back into it this time with a 1997 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I'm from the Akron,ohio area and I hope to find other parks to 4wheel in and make some new friends.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 am 
Web Wheeler

Registered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk