OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:26 pm 
Rock Crawler

Well I heard the news early today, and I still don't know how to take it. I didn't even really know Jake enough to be worthy of any type of comment.... but when I think of where I am now, and if I had to not be here....I can't imagine.

I only met and knew Jake through wheeling, and a few campfire talks, so honestly I can't reflect on any of his life.... but I know most will agree, and he often said it himself, that he was known to give it to you strait and didn't care if he sounded like a dick doing so. I dug through some old posts, and out of context the quotes are even funnier....somehow I can hear the words....here are some of my favs: <feel free to dig up more>

"yjs are for pussys"
"so basically bill.......don't be 86ford......by that...i mean don't be a bitch"
"no no boys dont talk him outta the carb......ask anybody carburetors are better......that is why they make all of the aftermarket FI to carburetion kits and not the opposite"
"no.......i dont wann have to drag you around all day"
"says 86ford who wheels the biggest pile of parts on 33s"
"that thing is ugly"
"i wonder who can piss further"

I don't have any pics but digging youtube can bring up some old wheeling videos, nothing special but some decent action thoughts....and any day on the trails is a good day to me:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuavc0hYXFA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IggCyzYUKA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyNNh3uBCTg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRP-A3HQEUk[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxa88aZ0s4M[/youtube]

Maybe some others have some good memories and stories to pass on, feel free to post them here... I would love to here them. Also post some pics, wheeling or not. I don't have any pics from any of my events..... but would luv to see some.

ImageAlso find us on facebook.com/heineyfarm

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:30 pm 
Rock Crawler

Here are the Funeral details for Jake: The funeral is tomorrow June 30th at 1030 am at Foxfield Reserve: 9877 Alabama Ave. SW, Wilmot, Ohio.

The wake will be tomorrow June 30th at 400 pm at Byrne's Pub: 1248 W 3rd Ave, Grandview, Ohio.

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of what was going on.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:50 pm 
Supporting Member

for those that are close to jake sorry for everyone's lose

i don't know for sure if i have ever wheeled with him or not (maybe i have 1 time in wellsville with luke)

prayers are out to the family

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:31 pm 
Supporting Member

Jake will always be remembered as an asshole but he was and will always be our asshole. God bless jake. Hopefully I can participate in a " hold my beer, I can make it" in the afterlife with ya some day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:00 am 
Supporting Member

didnt know jake very well only wheeled with him a few times in the past year i got alot of the same crap 86 would get cause i brought him with me. prayers go out to his family.
did some digging on you tube found this and made me laught
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDkEdWB06k

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:51 am 
Rock Crawler

Jacob Michael Anderson, 31, of Upper Arlington, passed away Thursday, June 28, 2012 after a battle with cancer. He was born April 17, 1981 in Columbus, the middle child of John and Donna Anderson.

Jake was a 1999 graduate of Grandview High School, where he was the captain of the football and basketball teams. Jake married his high school sweetheart, Rachel Hickman in 2007 and to this union was born their daughter, Isabella. Jake was always active, never stopped moving, and loved working with his hands. He enjoyed white water rafting, Rugby, Soccer, driving his Jeep with the “Rowdy Jeepers”, and loved Ohio State. Jake always told the truth, worked hard and played hard. He was an amazing husband, dad, son, brother, grandson, and friend.

Jake will be missed by his loving wife of 5 years, Rachel; daughter, Isabella; parents, John and Donna Anderson; brother, John Anderson; sister, Grace Anderson; mother and father-in-law, Don and Cynthia Hickman; grandparents, Ann Anderson, Ray and Mary Rusnak, and Don and Betty Hickman; sister-in-law, Emily Hickman; nieces and nephew, Savannah, Madelyn, and Keahnu; many aunts, uncles and cousins; best friend, Brian Altfater; and his faithful buddy, Teska.

Graveside services will be held Saturday, June 30, 2012 at the Foxfield Preserve Cemetery, 9877 Alabama Ave. SW, Wilmot, OH 44689, www.foxfieldpreserve.org for driving directions. Guests will meet at The Wilderness Center at 10:30a.m. prior to the service. A wake will be held to celebrate Jake’s life at Byrne’s Pub, 1248 W. 3rd Ave., Columbus, beginning at 3 p.m. after the burial Saturday.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made in Jake’s memory at any Huntington Bank branch under the name of the Jake Anderson Benefit. Arrangements entrusted to Schoedinger Northwest Chapel (614) 457-5481.To share memories of Jake, visit www.schoedinger.com.

Foxfield Preserve Cemetery
9877 Alabama Ave. SW
Wilmot, OH, 44689
Get Driving Directions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:54 am 
Rock Crawler

Here's some videos that I had of him

http://youtu.be/t4i68b4-9_k

http://youtu.be/7hAw0Zcdmhc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:09 am 
Rock Crawler

Very sad to see anothergreat friend and oro family member part this world. I can only imagine the look on his face when he met back up with our beloved friend cheri, who most likely still is only wearing a bra.

Sadly becuase of work I am unable to make it tommorrow I tried EVERYTHING i could but im working an 11 hour shift and we are already short handed, on top of the 3 days I just missed for my g/f's dads passing last week. I know jake will understand, and probably call me a pussy for not making it.

Ive been on MANY wheeling trips with jake, but standing out the most is when he took the unheard of line through the lions den. I'll have to dig up the photos and video for it.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 am 
Supporting Member

I used to think I knew about wheeling until I met Jake and he let me know otherwise in his special way. He used to work with several of my family members and I had always heard stories of him but didnt meet him till about 3.5 years ago. We met up to convoy down to Ivy for the weekend. It was a new years ride and was cold as shit and snowing real bad. It was my first time using my trailer and hauling my jeep and I managed to blow all 4 of my trailer tires. I said something to Jake about going ahead without me and he stayed right with me the whole way and even offered to front me the money if I needed it. He was very generous and was always that guy that was first to lend a hand to help with something "probably because he didnt think i would do it right or fast enough" he also would stick around till i was back together although I often heard about how I was holding him up but that was just Jake being Jake and even that will be missed. Even though we only knew each other for a couple of years I have a few stories but I just worked a 22 hour shift at work and Im ready to pass out. I know one thing is for sure I will never hop up in my Jeep without thinking of him and wishing he was there to tell me everything I was doing wrong then have a few beers after and shoot the shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:17 am 
Rock Crawler

Tons of pics and vids of jake here:
http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff62 ... rlan%20KY/

His most recdent jakeness towards me was in a post about the oro support ride wher eI told him he did not have to support, save the cash for his bills, he told me
flattietj wrote:
Donnie I'm not opposed to whooping your little ass, I may be weak right now but not that weak
and he STILL sent payment. I sent it directly back to him at his own fundraiser on april 21st.

Profile Personal album