OffRoadOhio.com

Ohio's premier OHV community
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:35 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: CBW WE WILL MISS YOU
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:50 pm 
Ok, maybe some of you want to see pictures of Haspin. I finally uploaded them even though I really didn't want to. There are a few where you can see Cheri in her jeep. Nothing great, but I did take a number of them. I told her family and a few others that up to the rollover it was one of the best wheeling days we'd had. Cheri had a helluva day and was absolutely enjoying herself. Wished I had gotten pics of her testing out the new armor by slamming against and past a couple trees ripping her side mirror off. She thought it was the coolest thing...

There were no pictures taken of, during or after the rollover. Who the hell would have even wanted to? So don't ask.

Just hit my pic link and go to the haspin set in the JEEP area...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24183367@N08/collections/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 am 
Yjeepin wrote:
Ok, maybe some of you want to see pictures of Haspin. I finally uploaded them even though I really didn't want to. There are a few where you can see Cheri in her jeep. Nothing great, but I did take a number of them. I told her family and a few others that up to the rollover it was one of the best wheeling days we'd had. Cheri had a helluva day and was absolutely enjoying herself. Wished I had gotten pics of her testing out the new armor by slamming against and past a couple trees ripping her side mirror off. She thought it was the coolest thing...

There were no pictures taken of, during or after the rollover. Who the hell would have even wanted to? So don't ask.

Just hit my pic link and go to the haspin set in the JEEP area...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24183367@N08/collections/

GOOD STUFF GENE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:51 am 
Rock Crawler

Nice pics.

I'm not trying to be morbid, but i thought she had a really good cage. Did it fail?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:08 pm 
No... she was a passenger in another since her fuel pump went out in hers. It happened on a small 4ft wall and when it rolled she slid or drooped far enough to get her head outside the top of the roll cage. (This is my best guess, it happened so fast and that day was so traumatic it's even hard to recall exactly how it rolled much less what/where and hows.) I still don't like talking about it. The fact is she got on the outside of it somehow and it wasn't even a hard roll and none of the safety equipment failed....

She was wearing a lap belt, but not the shoulders of the 5point harness... and I don't know anyone that normally would have put the top on just for a 3-4ft wall. I can't stress enough how important it is to wear a seatbelt at all times, even if it is silly small shit. I would have never thought such a trivial hill would have caused such a thing. And just putting your seat belt on doesn't count, they have to be tight... and then tighter. Consider your whole weight pulling down on that strap if you roll and flop around.

I don't know if that's more detail than I really should share... but god don't take it lightly when you're out there playing on the small stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:12 pm 
Rock Crawler

I hate to bring this back up, but as we are growing nearer and nearer to yet another season of wheeling. I want you all to be safe, wear your saftey devices, and never for good our good friend Cheri.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 pm 
Supporting Member

Wow. 3 Years. Miss ya, Cheri.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:18 am 
Supporting Member

It's good for people to read this. I have raised my safety standards since this accident and think of her often. Miss ya Cheri

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:46 pm 
Supporting Member

Coming up on 4 years....

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:14 pm 
Rock Crawler

It is crazy how much time has gone by. I stop pretty regularly at her grave to visit.

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7